Building capacity for productive & sustainable work
Position Canada as a global leader in empowering businesses to adapt and thrive in the ever-changing competitive economy.
To improve the safety, wellness and performance of the Canadian labour force by generating knowledge, transferring research to practice, and strengthening workforce development – all in collaboration with stakeholders.
Innovation: to conduct cutting-edge transdisciplinary research to address knowledge gaps and develop evidence-informed products, tools, and services to advance stakeholders’ capacity.
Collaboration: to engage and work with employers, not-for-profits, labour/unions, academics, service providers, policy makers, and practitioners to develop, promote, and implement effective and sustainable solutions.
Equality and Inclusiveness: empowering and enabling communities to support the labour force in striving for meaningful and fulfilling employment.
Connect with CISWP
The Ontario Skilled Trades Occupational Exposure and Demands Survey
If you work, or are a student or apprentice in the skilled trades, complete this survey to be entered into a draw to win one of 100 $50 Amazon gift cards.
Strategic objectives (2019 - 2025)
The Canadian Institute for Safety, Wellness & Performance:
- conducts innovative transdisciplinary research that addresses knowledge gaps and priorities;
- develops evidence-informed products, guidelines, resources, and technologies;
- contributes to the development of Canadian and international standards;
- develops and implements strategies for uptake of evidence-informed practices by organizations across all sectors of the economy;
- provides state-of-the-art education and training for the next generation of business leaders and practitioners; and
- provides national and international leadership in the prevention and management of occupational injuries and disabilities.