Program detailsCredential: 1-Year Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Co-op students from this program have already completed their course work in this three-semester, intensive, full-time, co-op graduate certificate program when they go out on their work term. The program provides them with a broad business and technical background in computer and mobile applications, database applications, programming, data design, and systems analysis and design. Students are equipped with programming experience and the skills necessary to analyze and design Information Technology (IT) based solutions.
Student availability & wage data
Conestoga College facilitates recruitment on an ongoing basis - there are no hard deadlines. Typical time frames for work terms are listed below.
Postings are accepted beginning four months before the start of a term until all students have secured employment provided the minimum 12 consecutive weeks of full-time work is met.
|Year 1||Classes||Classes||Work Term*: $16-28|
*Note: students are available for work term each semester: fall (September to the end of December); winter (January to the end of April); spring (May to the end of August).
Conestoga College collects data on hourly wages of co-operative education students and offers suggested ranges as a service to employers for the purpose of establishing fair and competitive compensation.
Our experience has been that employers increase wages as skills increase, particularly when employing students for more advanced work terms. The Co-operative Education Office can provide assistance to employers in establishing appropriate wage rates.
Work term capabilities
- Develop, debug and modify program code to meet design specifications
- Prepare interactive web pages for use in a business environment
- Analyze system requirements for various types of business systems
- Design database systems including input, extraction, formatting and reporting functions for connection to end-user applications
- Analyze and design information systems using object-oriented practices
- Develop mobile applications to support business functions
Sample job titles
- Computer Programmer
- Quality Control Professional
- Software Tester
- Web Application Developer
Contact informationDo you need help developing a recruitment plan or job posting, accessing wage information, or connecting with a talented co-op student? Contact:
Employer Relations Consultant